This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Aloha Produce customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis, attend conventions and company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Must be able to accept and support all changes.