OVERVIEW: At Aloha Produce, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team. Come join our sales team for an incredible career opportunity. This position will support the Central Oregon sales territory. Candidates must be located in or be willing to relocate within a 30 mile radius from the designated sales territory.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Aloha Produce customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs. An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided. Essential duties:
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and products uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Meet with customer on a regular basis, attend conventions and company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned. Basic qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
- Basic computer and/or iPad skills.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUI’s within the last 7 years).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (background check).
- Must sign Aloha Produce Non-Compete Agreement prior to starting with Aloha Produce.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Previous Produce or Wholesale distribution experience
- Restaurant management/chef experience
Competencies: To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job, The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States Aloha Produce is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Pay: Based on experience: salary plus monthly bonus based on sales performance.
Fill Out Employment Application