At Aloha Produce Food Services, our approach to credits and returns has remained simple and aimed at unquestionable customer satisfaction. We ask, as part of our cooperative commitment and dedication to improving consumer food safety, that our customers work with Aloha Produce Food Services to comply with the revisions that have been made to this Returns Policy.
- Aloha Produce Food Services will continue to accept returns and provide credit for damaged, missing, or sub-standard quality product.
- After delivery acceptance, it is our hope that little to no further return activity will be needed for the majority of your orders. Should there be a need to request credits/returns of product after delivery, this policy outlines the post-delivery return acceptance standards.
OUR PRODUCT RETURN & CREDIT POLICY DOES FIVE THINGS:
- Ensures product consistency and quality.
- Reduces product loss.
- Speeds the processing and ensures accuracy on all requests for credit.
- Ensures that product is handled in line with Food Safety Regulations.
- Controls product returns so that any unfit product is channeled correctly.
WHEN YOUR DELIVERY ARRIVES, YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Your Aloha Produce Food Services Driver will gladly help you verify that the items delivered agree with your invoice and that your order is complete.
- Any item can be returned for credit at time of delivery.
- Should you choose to return any product, your Aloha Produce Food Services Driver will initiate the credit memo process with the sales team.
- If a product is short or damaged upon delivery, your Aloha Produce Food Services Driver will initiate the following:
- Submit the current delivery invoice to a sales representative in order to give credit on any item.
- Credits for partial cases can be issued if the situation warrants.
- Communicate the issue to your sales representative where an action plan will be put in place to fill the shortage and replace the missing product.
- Pick up eligible return items from prior deliveries.
INSPECT AND ACCEPT
Please inspect all ready-to-eat, produce, dairy, fresh meat and poultry products thoroughly at time of delivery. Please take the time necessary to review the order in its entirety while your driver is still present. This will help ensure your complete satisfaction. Your signature denotes that you are satisfied with the delivery, minus any items you have chosen to return.
RETURN POLICY STANDARDS AFTER DELIVERY
After delivery acceptance, returns for credit follow a few simple guidelines listed below:
POST- DELIVERY ACCEPTABILITY TIMEFRAME
Please make all return & credit requests by contacting an Aloha Produce office or sales representative within the following time frames:
- Produce & Perishables – 48 Hours
- Non-Stock Order Items – Non-returnable
- Frozen items – 5 days
- Dry Goods – 5 days
NON-STOCK ORDER ITEMS
Non-stock order items have been purchased especially for you. Because they can’t be resold, they are not returnable except when damaged or of questionable quality at time of delivery. To return non-stock items after delivery due to damage or quality, you’ll need authorization after an inspection by a designated Aloha Food Services representative.
POST DELIVERY TEMPERATURE GUIDELINES
- Chilled items being returned must be stored between 36 – 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Frozen items being returned must be stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
POST DELIVERY PACKAGING GUIDELINES
Products are returnable for full credit only when they are in the original package free of markings or damage.
Treat chemical returns with extra attention. An Aloha Food Services Driver must inspect all chemical products for damage and/or leakage before a pickup and return can be processed.
RETURNED PRODUCT PICK UP NOTES
- The preferred method of requesting return pick-ups is through an Aloha Produce Food Services sales representative. This is so they can remain fully aware of your service status and ensure that the internal return process is completed in a timely manner.
- All products that are being returned for credit must be in their original packaging and free from additional markings.
NON-RETURNED PRODUCT NOTES
- Requests for credit that do not involve the return of an item must be reported directly to your Aloha Produce Food Services sales representative to determine acceptance.
- Credits of this type are granted in only very specific situations.
- Please note that returns of this type need to be accompanied by a photo of the product.
- Photos can be emailed to your Aloha Produce Food Services sales representative.
- Please reference the invoice number and item description in the email.
Aloha Produce Food Services reserves the right to refuse returns from any account that has excessive returns.
For product that is returned for any reason other than quality or damage, a restocking fee may be applied. Restocking fees are applied solely at management’s discretion.